Friday 24 May 2013

Eggless Garlic-Herbs Buns

Baking is a an addiction. Once you are used to the sweet wafts of oven fresh goodies in your kitchen and home, you can hardly stop making them. You go on a hunt- for every recipe you can lay your hands on.It is like discovering a whole new magical world filled with baking treasures and not knowing what to pick first. Sweet, savoury, you want it all. I love having hot and freshly made snacks with my cuppa tea. So, I was super-excited to try the bun recipe when I came across it. I entered the magical world, all armed with my baking tools :) I kneaded and waited, I kneaded and waited. The sweet smell of baking had already filled my kitchen and home. And at the end of my sweet labour, there they were sitting in my oven, 6 golden brown rounds, ready to be served. One bite and I knew I will be making them again very soon and with all my twists and innovations. For, what is a magical land, without imagination?

Here's the link to the basic bun recipe: 
http://www.rakskitchen.net/2010/08/garlic-buns.html
The recipe makes about 5-6 medium sized buns.

I made few changes. Instead of taking 1.5 cups all purpose flour (maida), I took 1 cup maida and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour. It didn't harm the taste. I intend to try 1:1 ratio next time. Apart from garlic and coriander leaves, I added basil, parsley, oregano and chilli flakes. Made them more masaledar ;)


 Enjoy with your cuppa tea... or coffee!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed the posts. Do leave a comment and let me know!