Wednesday 12 June 2013

Mango-Peach Salsa

Taco is one of my favourite foods. Light and crispy home-made taco shells, beans, fresh tomatoes, fiery onions, lush green salad, salsa, comforting cheese and Tabasco sauce. While I will be posting a separate entry for taco, here I will be talking about my new discovery- mango peach salsa. Simple, delicious and a gorgeous addition to my favourite Mexican food. It can be made absolutely fresh and in a jiffy. A summer special, it lends a mix of sweet and sour flavours to the dish. Top this with guacamole and you have a winner. More about that in the next post tomorrow.
The first time I made it for a dinner with friends. I ran out of it since it grabbed all the limelight. But with spare mangoes and peaches in my always food-bursting refrigerator, I put together the sweet-sour magic again and the guests slipped in the wonderland once more :)

























This recipe makes salsa for 4-5 people if serving as a starter with taco or nacho chips.

Ingredients:
2 ripe mangoes (preferably alphanso or kesar)
2 ripe peaches (not very soft though)
2 small tomatoes
1/2 tbsp oil (I used olive oil)
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp chopped coriander leaves
Salt to taste
For Garnish:
2-3 slices of mango and peach each.
1/2 tsp coriander leaves

Method:
1. Make small cubes of mangoes and peaches. Add 1/4 tsp salt and leave aside in a  mixing bowl for 10 minutes.

2. In the meantime chop the tomatoes and lightly saute them for 1-2 minutes in a pan with olive oil. Keep aside in another bowl. 

3. Drain water from the fruits.

4. Cook the fruits in the same pan over medium flame for 2-3 minutes adding red chilli powder.

5. Mix in the tomatoes and add salt to taste. Remove from heat.

6. Mix chopped coriander leaves with the salsa.

7. Garnish withe coriander leaves and mango & peach slices.

Your Easy To Make and Delicious to eat Mango-Peach Salsa is ready!



























What more, it works great in rains too :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed the posts. Do leave a comment and let me know!